Grandma Kelso's Fine Fragrances specializes in unique and hard to find scents in our products. All our products are voted on by a focus group and only the finest and most fragrant scents make it to our marketplace. Some of our scents have aromatherapy properties while others are simply pleasing and refreshing to your sense of smell. Our products make wonderful gifts as well. Please note that all of our products are proudly made in the USA with all natural eco-friendly materials. We do not source cheap junk from China, like what you find in many of the big-box stores!
Check out our growing list of products on the left for Discount Codes for our already bargain prices.
Our Candles Are Made From 100% Soy Wax
Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. After harvesting, the beans are cleaned, cracked, de-hulled, and rolled into flakes. The oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated. The hydrogenation process converts some of the fatty acids in the oil from unsaturated to saturated. This process dramatically alters the melting point of the oil, making it a solid at room temperature. The leftover bean husks are commonly used as animal feed. The U.S. grows the vast majority of the world's soy beans, primarily in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana.
What Are The Advantages Of Soy Wax?
Soy's greatest advantage is that it is completely renewable. While the global reserves of oil shrink and paraffin prices increase, the only limit to the soy supply is how much the American farmers choose to grow. The soy used in our candles was likely in the ground less than a year ago. And chances are that same field is growing more soy for the candles to be made in the future. In addition to sustainability, our well-made soy candles will burn cleanly, cooler and slowly, giving you more "bang for your buck".
Things To Consider.
- Unpleasant Odors Exist In Your House That May Be Caused By Pets, Cooking, Smoking, Or That Musty Smell In Closed Up Homes! You May Be Used To The Smell, But Your Guests Will Notice It As Soon As They Walk Through The Door. Cover Those Offensive Smells By Burning Our Soy Candles. Your Guests WILL NOTICE The Difference!
- Up to 200 Hours Burn Time and Clean Burning Soot Free by Keeping Wick Trimmed Properly, Compared to Most Paraffin Wax Candles (A Petroleum By-Product) That Have About Half The Burn Time Per Ounce Of Wax And Release Dirty Soot Into The Air.
- Easy Clean-up Of Soy Wax Using Only Soap And Water, So Our Mason Jar Containers Can Be Re-Used. Spills On Clothing, Table Clothes, And Carpet Are Easier To Clean Up.
- Premium Fragrance Throughout Entire Candle, Even When Not Lit. Most Cheap Store Bought Paraffin Candles Usually Have A 2-3% Scent Load, While Our Soy Candles Have An 11% Load.
- All Natural Ingredients, Made With 100% Biodegradable Eco-Friendly Soy Wax And 100% Cotton Lead-Free Wicks.